Monday, December 17, 2007




Wisdom

Over a year ago I listened to a book on tape called "So You Don't Want to Go to Church Anymore" by Jake Coleson. The last chapter of that book on tape is a conversation with the authors, Wayne Jacobsen and Dave Coleman. Jake Colsen is a pseudonym for the combined work of two long-time friends, colleagues and fellow-travelers, Wayne and Dave. In that one audio conversation God Journey Heidi and I were mesmerized by Dave Coleman. Dave's wisdom and insight poured through and we wished they would have let him speak more.

Because of Heidi's trial, I wrote so many email's to my brothers and sisters in Christ. During this time Dave Coleman's name kept coming to my mind. I started a couple of emails to him but they stayed in my drafts folder for over a month. I finally sent the email and received back the most incredible, deep personal response I could have ever imagined. My initial thought was that I wish all my friends could read it. Much to my surprise, someone posted it for me. Read it when you get a chance, it is beautiful. Best Cancer Counsel Ever!

No comments: